Monday, August 1, 2011

Sometimes You Just Need to Wear Neon

So I know this girl. Her name is Angie Roushar and has been one of my dearest friends for as long as I can remember. She is one of those people that anchor you to the world when everything else is storming around you. Angie is one of those girls where you feel like you can talk and laugh for a lifetime without getting bored. She also puts up with all of my increasingly dumb jokes.

Exhibit A:
AK: Hey Angie! Want to hear a joke?
Angie: Uh... Sure.
AK: Whats green and has wheels?
Angie: A tractor? *Insert appropriate loving eye roll here.*
AK: NO!! Grass. I lied about the wheels.

See what I mean? Anyone who puts up with that deserves a medal. Anyways, she will get a post exclusively dedicated to her soon. But for the mean time, she gave me an incredible present.

Inspiration #6. Neon sweatshirts.

BRIGHT YELLOW neon sweatshirts.

I love it. And it inspires me because you truly can't wear it without being super happy. Once I tried crying in it and I had to take it off because I couldn't take myself seriously with it on. I LOVE IT. It is going with me to college so I have something to remind me to be happy when I feel horribly alone. (Hopefully that won't happen though.)


Just for the record, this is my favorite picture of Angie and I. 


And this is me wearing my neon sweatshirt. YAY!!

So here is my advice on this lovely Monday morning. If you are feeling a little down in the dumps for some reason or another, go put on something bright. And if you don't have anything then I suggest you go to Goodwill. :)

Stay happy!

P.S. If you are bored and have a dumb sense of humor, go look up Kid History on YouTube. My friend told me to watch it at camp this week and there are some pretty entertaining moments in it! It's stories from two friends growing up now told by (I think) their kids. LOVE IT. 
If you want to watch it, click HERE. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment